Blue- Green Algae Warning

Algae is common in our lakes and rivers, but at high levels a type called Blue-Green Algae can form and make people and our pets sick. If you see algae in the water and it looks “pea soupy” and has a smell keep out of the water. Blue- Green Algae can cause a fever, vomiting, irritation to skin, eyes, and nasal passages. If you or your pet have come in contact with Blue- Green Algae contact your doctor or veterinarian. For more information on Blue- Green Algae click here.