We want to Congratulate Dr. Ken Speltz on 50 years of practicing! Thank you for all the care you have given patients over the years!
Next time you are in please congratulate Dr. Ken Speltz on this milestone!
Easter brings flowers, but please remember they can be toxic to our beloved pets!
Spring is here! Remember to start your pet’s flea and tick preventive and the heartworm preventative.
If you still need to pick up you supply we have them all stocked in the clinic with great rebates!
We now have a therapeutic laser! Therapeutic Laser treatments are able to help reduce the inflammation, reduce redness, and reduce the pain and help the healing process! Treatments can be used in many insistence’s such as dental extractions, hot spots, arthritis, surgical incisions, etc. Our certified trained technicians administer treatments in just a few short minutes. Talk to our doctors or technicians today on how it could benefit your pet!
Leaving your pets in the car does not seem harmless as you quick run into the store. However it can be very dangerous for your pet. With the windows cracked in 80 degree weather it can heat up to 99 degrees in 10 minutes!
Check out this article for more information about the dangers of leaving your pet in a car.
Canine Flu outbreak has been in news recently. We want you to know that no case have been reported in Minnesota, this is good news! Keeping your pets up to date on vaccines and keeping them out of the dog parks where infections can easily spread from one to another are some good ways to help protect your pet.
Here are a few links with more information on the Canine Flu.
Please call us if you have any questions or concerned about your pet, we are happy to help.
Chocolate Toxicity in pets can be a dangerous thing and around Halloween we need to be extra cautious as we have chocolate candy stocked up for the trick-o-treaters. Please be cautious about your pet getting into the chocolate and if they do please give us a call immediately. For more information check out these websites on chocolate toxicity in Dogs and Cats.
Algae is common in our lakes and rivers, but at high levels a type called Blue-Green Algae can form and make people and our pets sick. If you see algae in the water and it looks “pea soupy” and has a smell keep out of the water. Blue- Green Algae can cause a fever, vomiting, irritation to skin, eyes, and nasal passages. If you or your pet have come in contact with Blue- Green Algae contact your doctor or veterinarian. For more information on Blue- Green Algae click here.
There is a new rodenticide (rat poison) that many manufactures have been forced to switch to due to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) decision to prohibit the use of long- acting warfarin anticoagulants (d-con). This new rodenticide Bromethalin is a faster acting and leaves less time for owners to get their pets help if they were to ingest Bromethalin. With anticoagulation poisoning veterinarians typically had 3-5 days to treat, but now with the new faster onset of Bromethalin veterinarians have less then 2 hours to get treatment started. Bromethalin DOES NOT have an antidote. d-CON has now made the switch to comply with the EPA, BUT they are using Diphacinone which is a first generation anticoagulant longer acting AND can also can be treated with Vitamin K. So when you buy rat poison please look for ones with the active ingredient Diphacinone. Click here for more information on Bromethalin.